At Evenbound, we exist to empower our clients and our team members to reach their full potential as we create and grow end-to-end solutions on HubSpot. We are a growth marketing agency specializing in HubSpot, digital transformation, and marketing strategy. We commonly execute HubSpot implementations & onboardings, website projects, and Team-as-a-Service retainers for our clients. Our team is growing, and we are looking for an Content Strategist to take us to the next level. Is that you?
Why Our Team Needs You
Our company vision will take us to hold a commanding position in the HubSpot Partner program and to sit at the top of the value chain offering Growth Strategy, RevOps, Marketing Ops, WebOps, Custom Development, and Integrations. We need you because you will drive content strategy to deliver big-picture value to our clients.
What You’ll Do
A Content Strategist at Evenbound assists with (you guessed it) content. Our content strategists are technical writing experts who handle everything from writing blogs and pitching lead-gen offers to strategizing the site architecture behind website content. The best people for the job thrive on deadlines but bring a big-picture and analytical approach to content marketing. Our typical industries of focus range from construction to manufacturing, SaaS, e-commerce, and B2B services.
- Create content calendars and write monthly blogs for a list of clients in industries ranging from industrial manufacturing to real estate.
- Develop big-picture branding and content strategy documents (think buyer personas, style guides, etc.) that help guide how our clients get in front of their ideal customers.
- Strategize architecture and write branded, UX-friendly, search-optimized content for client websites.
- Write in a number of different content formats — social media, ad copy, website content, email, sales enablement tools, blogs, etc — sometimes all in the same day.
- Conduct keyword research and comprehensive audits to identify gaps and opportunities in clients’ existing content strategies.
- Offer recommendations on how to improve content strategy. Whether it's a new way to look at content calendars or a more efficient web writing strategy, the Evenbound team is about continuous improvement. We want your opinion.
- Work on a cross-functional team and educate clients on content marketing best practices, even the ones who don't know the difference between Google and social media ads.
What You’ve Done
- Two to five years of experience developing marketing content, whether that's blog writing or email newsletter creation. If you've already worked with an agency, brownie points for you.
- Hands-on experience and serious knowledge of blog writing, website content development, and content strategy. Technical writing experience is a big plus, too.
- Managed a content build for a full website from scratch (or close to it). Might have included doing a site audit, site architecture and content mapping, writing pages and meta information, and/or optimizing for content for search.
- Communicated with and educated others on content strategy best practices. This is big. We've got a lot of clients, and they're all different. We need you to help them understand how you're delivering leads.
- A comprehensive grasp of SEO, keywords, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and HubSpot.
- The ability to take complex ideas, products, and numbers and parse those complex thoughts into smaller, more digestible pieces.
- The ability to write to a time estimate while putting a killer story together. The team knows they can depend on you to write that ad, blog, or content offer, no matter when they need it.
- An incredible eye for detail. Nothing slips through the cracks, and we can count on you to make sure every typo is corrected and every piece of content is error-free before it goes out.
Our Core Values
Our Core Values determine how we show up and interact with each other and our clients. We act with integrity, strategy, and authenticity in everything we do. We take our work - but not ourselves - seriously, and we value being able to laugh and connect with one another.
- We’re Experts - we value knowledge, skill, and putting both into practice
- We Think and Act Strategically - our solutions and work are focused on driving big-picture value
- We’re Authentic and Transparent - we’re open, honest, and direct with each other and our clients
- We See Potential - we see the potential in our clients and design solutions to help them reach that potential
- We Work Hard to Win - we’re tenacious, scrappy, and willing to do what it takes for ourselves and our clients to succeed
- We’re a Team - we trust each other, hold each other accountable, and do what's best for the team
- We’re Committed to Learning and Growing - when we learn and grow, it benefits ourselves, our team, and our clients
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Base Salary with Performance Comp
- Health + Dental Insurance
- Flexible work time
- 18 Vacation Days
- 16 Paid Holidays
- Your Birthday Off!
- 401(k) with company match
- Company-paid short term disability
- Voluntary long-term disability + life insurance
- Work where you want, when you want. At Evenbound, we believe we work best when we set our own productive schedules. That flexibility extends to where we work, too. While we have an office right in downtown Grand Haven that we love (there's a coffee shop right downstairs!), our team works remotely most of the time. There's no weekly "in the office" quota to meet — we work to get work done, however that works for you
- Regular team meet-ups. Since the Evenbound team is primarily remote, we work hard to schedule team meet-up opportunities annually. From camping to ski trips to industry conferences, we believe that hanging out in person makes our team stronger, helping to build real relationships in a virtual world
Our Tech Stack
We don’t expect everyone to have experience with the technology that we use, but if you do, we certainly want to know about it. Here is a basic list of technologies we use:
- G Suite
- Google Drive
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics