Revenue-Driving Channel Sales Strategies for Manufacturers
Focus on Existing Partnerships First
Before you go out trying to recruit new partners, make sure you’re supporting the ones you already have.
Communicate with your channel partners
- Does your team talk to your partners regularly? If they do, what have your partners been saying lately?
- What do your partners think about your product?
- How do they feel about your service or support?
And when you do get feedback, act on it.
In addition to making some improvements, make an effort to set up regular, quarterly meetings with your channel partners. After all, they’re the ones interacting directly with your customers.
The better your relationship with your channel partners, the better you’ll be able to understand your end consumer.
Develop marketing resources to support your channel partners
Let’s think about it: if you were a busy sales or marketing team, which product would you push?
Create Sales Enablement Content
- What content could they benefit from to help close sales faster?
- Are their email sequences or workflows you could develop to help the sales team nurture and close leads?
- What about pricing sheets or helpful documents that show customers how to choose between a few similar products?
The more you empower your channel partner’s sales teams with the content and tools they need, the more sales they’ll be able to close, and faster.
Provide Education and Consider Establishing Partner Certification
How manufacturers can implement certifications to boost channel sales
More than just showing your appreciation, these awards and rewards can also help boost your brand’s reputation, and get your name out there.
Implement Tracking & Reporting
Tracking and reporting tactics
01. Ask your channel partners what’s working
02. Implement your own reporting
03. Key performance indicators (KPIs) that indicate channel sales success
- Average sales cycle length
- Percentage of partners who used provided sales and marketing materials
- Percentage of partners who completed ongoing training
- Partner satisfaction score — how they’re responding to your regular surveys
- Percentage of partners who attempted, and who completed certification